Thanks for visiting my page for Heart Kids.
On Saturday 30 November I’m taking on the BDO Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge, and while I’m at it I’ve decided to join a team of big hearts – the Heart Kids Cycle Team – to help the 1 in every 100 kiwi kids born with a heart defect.
PLEASE IF you are wishing to JOIN the
team Hughes Joinery Cycle 4 heart kids
on the $50.00 Team entry donation message section Include the Taupo ride you are cycling & the T shirt size. If you are wishing to be a Team supporter include that detail (the donation will still be $50.00) & your required T shirt size. Bulk order/printing to commence 31st July or sooner.
You CAN enter any of the many event ride choices available, I just need to know your choice.
I shall message you on DM face-book or email the 10% discount code.
The majority of the Enduro Team will be riding at a controlled 6 & 1/2 hour lap, with a 30 min wee/clothing break at your motel or Caltex checkpoint before heading out again on lap 2. All meeting up at the Cricket pavilion in Kaimanawa St with others who have completed their ride at approx 2.45 (wearing T shirts) for a ETD of 3pm to ride to the finish as a Team group.
I had hoped to complete 80 laps of Lake Taupo by my 80th year, but with the introduction of the 8 lap Extreme ride it appeared as if my target should change to 100 laps. With 98 laps now completed the time has come to attempt these final required 2 laps. Despite a few health hiccups of mine along the way (that really pale in comparison to the various ongoing struggles/surgeries of these heartkids) my cycling has enabled me, with much enthusiastic & generous support, to raise a conservative $70,000 for children/youth health charities. SO 100 laps, impossible? - I would have said so - SO how about a target total of $30,000 to give a combined total of $100,000! With your support & the support of Team Hughes Joinery members it MAY just be possible. We'll never know if we don't try! 😊
I’d like to help support the families that are affected by CHD's (Congenital Heart Defects) through raising money that will go towards the many services that Heart Kids NZ provides all around the country.
While I’m out training hard for the BDO Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge, I’ll know that every kilometre, every hill and every early morning start not only helps me reach my personal goal but my fundraising efforts are going towards a great cause – can you help me make a real difference to the lives of these heart kids?
However big or small, every donation helps!
• $10.00 can provide a meal for a parent as they sit bedside with their child in Hospital.
• $35.00 can provide a ‘Maia’ (translation brave in Te Reo) fluffy bear to a child recovering from open heart surgery – especially good for hugging during recommended post-op breathing exercises.
• $50.00 donation can provide a family with food or petrol vouchers while they are supporting their child in Hospital.
• $70.00 will cover the cost of a Medic Alert Bracelet for a heart child.
• $100.00 can provide a family with support from a Heart Kids Family Support staff member, who are available to provide emotional and practical support and understanding at one of the hardest times in any parent’s life.
• $200 will provide 8 x families with a range of resource books to provide information on their child’s condition and what to expect in the following days, weeks months and years
Thank you in advance for your generosity, it means a lot!
Feel free to come and join in the ride/fun.
Please help by clicking the ‘Donate’ button and making a donation.